Heritage on Wheels another luxury train in Rajasthan by RTDC and Indian Railways, takes you to the lesser known area of Shekhawati Region - Bikaner - Nawalgarh - Ramgarh (Mahansar) - Mandawa including Gajner and Tal Chhapar sanctuaries.
A Journey into the Past...
RTDC and Indian Railways are proud on the success of the Palace on Wheels which has paved a path for a launch of new tourist train- Heritage on Wheels, on the available meter gauge section in Rajasthan.
No other region in India, or perhaps, even in the world, has such a large concentration of high quality frescoes as the region of Shekhawati. In the beginning, this semi-arid region had only its blank monochromatic palette to offer. No school of painting thrived till history and circumstances took up this colorless page and made it blossom with art for almost two centuries - from 1750 to 1930. Today, this region is commonly called the 'open-air art gallery of Rajasthan.
Experience the colorful Shekhawati region of Rajasthan onboard the new meter gauge Heritage on Wheels...
- Nine saloons with heritage ambiance/decor
- Capacity 72 Berths.
- Two Restaurants - Maharaja and Maharani
- Well Stocked Bar cum Lounge
- Kitchen and service cars
- Each saloon has a capacity to accommodate eight guests in four bedrooms with two bathrooms on sharing basis.
- Well-experienced staff in traditional uniform on board ready to serve variety of cuisine including Rajasthani.
- Visit to Palace/Castle at lunch.
- Sight seeing by deluxe coaches and Jeep Safari at sanctuary.
- Well trained guides
The entire Rajasthan has been a passion to be explored by the tourists. Bikaner and Shekhawati being lesser explored regions have been chosen for the Heritage on Wheels.