THE JUDGE'S COURT - PRAGPUR
The Judge's Court is a Country Manor located in the medieval hamlet of Pragpur, at an elevation of 2000 ft. in the Kangra Valley of the North Indian State of Himachal Pradesh.
The property is classified as "Heritage" and this in a way makes it India's first classified Heritage Country Manor with an ambience reminiscent of the turn of the 20th Century.
It has two portions.The Country Manor built by Bhandari Ram for his son, Justice Sir Jai Lal - An ancestral Cottage which is over 300 years old.
The large splendid Country Manor designed in the Indo-European tradition and built in 1918 for Justice Sir Jai Lal with it's annex. The buildings stand in a 12-acre orchard consisting of mango, lychee, plum, citrus and exotic trees like camphor, clove and cardamom.
The Judge's Court's elegant accommodation comprises of 10 Double Rooms 3 of which are suites inclusive of the cottage in the ancestral courtyard.
Eco-Friendly, Organic and Green The Judge's Court substantially grows its own fruit, vegetables, wheat, maize and oil seeds. All efforts are made towards creating environment. Milk is from an owned dairy on the premises. Water is exclusively piped from an ancestral mountain spring. Preserves are from the "green" produce of the orchard
Tour Booking Form